The new amendment to the Labour Code brought changes in the area of employees’ catering. Approved
wording of § 152 of the Labor Code changed the obligation of the employer to provide catering to his
employees during work. Change with effect from 01.03.2021 as follows:
- Meal vouchers are provided in electronic form (in case where the employer provides the employee
with meal vouchers).
- An employer who does not provide catering in his own catering facility or in the catering facility of
another employer is obliged to allow employees to choose between a meal voucher or a financial
contribution for catering.
- The chosen method of catering is valid for the next 12 months from the day of selection.
- If the employee fails to make a decision, the employer shall decide about the form of catering.
- The amount of the financial contribution for catering shall be determined in a manner similar to the
amount of the contribution for meal vouchers. Therefore, the benefit for the employee remains the same.