We would like to inform you about the current obligations when arriving to Slovakia from the EU countries, Island, Norway, Lichtenstein, Northern Ireland and Switzerland.
All persons who from 17 February 2021 from 06:00 a.m. enter the territory of the Slovak Republic and who have visited exclusively the countries of the European Union, Iceland, the Kingdom of Norway, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Swiss Confederation or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland during the previous 14 days, isolation in the home environment or in a quarantine accommodation facility is ordered, which shall end:
- upon receiving a negative result of the RT-PCR test for COVID-19,
- with an asymptomatic course of isolation upon completion of its 14th day,
- with an asymptomatic course of isolation in the case of children less then ten years of age, by ending the obligation of home isolation for persons living in the common household with them, if there is such obligation.
Isolation in the home environment is imposed on all persons living in the common household, ending on the day of completion of the home isolation of all persons with whom this person lives in the common household.
Exemptions from mandatory self-isolation: persons who have permanent or temporary residence in the in one of the countries of the European Union, Iceland, the Kingdom of Norway, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Swiss Confederation or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and if they simultaneously meet the following conditions:
- they have an employment relationship, a similar employment relationship or a place of work in the territory of a neighbouring state,
- they are holders of a certificate from the employer on such performance of work or a certificate on such performance.
Exemptions are also granted for commuters under specific conditions, drivers, a person caring for close relatives and students.
More information on exceptions can be found in the Decree of the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic, which regulates measures in the event of a threat to public health to the quarantine obligations of persons after entering the territory of the Slovak Republic no. 64/2021 of 12 February 2021.